Monday, October 4, 2010

The China Project 1-17/18-2009


Report and Observations leading 3 PTSD Trauma Resolution Trainings in China

Sunday, January 17th.  Today was lovely.  I had a young man who is in Jean Chu's circle of friends take me out sight-seeing.  He was kind, insightful and gracious.  We had the honor of seeing Chairman Mao--with 50,000 other people.  Then we spent 5 hours at the Forbidden Palace where I took many pictures.  Every turn brought new gorgeous sights.  Each palace had a wonderful name, evoking honorable ways of being, and I had the sense that the names were chosen to remind the leaders of who they were for their people and visa-versa. 

 I was able to attend the Landmark Forum evening session with Jean Chu and 2 villagers from the Beichuan area. They looked so bright and happy, able to let go of the anguish over the death of their son.  I am so deeply moved that I will be allowed to train people to provide that release in what I hope will be minutes rather than days. 

Monday, January 18th.  Today were meetings with the representative from the UN and CSWA.  At the gate of the UN, an unusual woman came up and asked Jean to ask the UN to help her find her son who was “on another planet with the Martians.”  The wonderful guards helped us to decline her offer and we were met by Henny Ngu, from the UNDP.  Later we met Mr. Chen, the head of the CSWA, an impressive man with 2 million volunteers under his umbrella.  They were both very generous with their time.  I assured him that my work would be easily taught and that anyone could learn to do these processes.  He may be sending some of his people to one of my trainings.  Then we had lunch at a small cafe.  6 dishes cost about 40 yuan, very reasonable.  Then we met an earthquake scientist who had a compassionate conversation with the villagers from the earthquake zone.  Then home.

Jean's friend came to translate while I worked with the villagers from Beichuan.  After working with them, I worked with the translator.  I noticed a common occurrence with all of them.  Each of them searched for and found the energy exclusively in their head.  The wife was able to sense some sensation in her heart with some guidance, and the translator moved very quickly from his head into the ‘energy of anger’ in his liver--I believe he has some training in Chinese medicine.  The consensus from the villagers was that when they thought about the issue, it hurt, and when they didn't think about the issue, it didn't hurt.  Quite the conundrum! 

I came away with two major insights.  First of all I have a profound appreciation for Landmark Education and the Landmark Forum.  Their work is perfect for causing very powerful breakthroughs using the intellectual part of the mind.  The villagers, who had just participated, were able to talk about their son who died in the quake--he had been in Beijing at school studying, and had come home that day to visit at their request.  They can now talk about this experience without tears--this is huge.  Nothing is better than the Landmark Forum for getting the difference between what happened and your story about what happened.  They will attend my workshop in Mianzhu.  It will be useful to gain their perspective after they learn more about my work. 

The second insight came when talking with the translator after working with him.  I also did some work on myself to gain more clarity.  What I realized was when conducting the trainings this week, to have the people I am working with stay out of their heads--possibly integrate my knowledge about the organs of the body and their corresponding emotions into what I include in the training.  I love what I get to do.  I especially love the arrangement that allowed me to get this essential bit of training BEFORE beginning the work in the earthquake zone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment